Carol Fonda has danced with the San Francisco Ballet, Ballet de Lyon in France and various other ballet and modern dance companies. As an Affiliate Artist, she has given solo performances throughout the United States. She was first a soloist and then directed and choreographed for Ballet Moderno de Guatemala under sponsorship of the U.S. State Department.
To learn more about Carol Fonda, please read Carol’s full bio here.
Carol’s has contributed to a variety of creative educational projects. She has:
- Created and directed the BodiBalance Dance/NY program for students from all over the world at her NY studio for over 15 years
- Taught a course called “Computers in Dance” at Spelman College in Atlanta
- Collaborated with South Carolina Arts Commission to develop “Dance Arts-in-Education” program for elementary school children.
- Received an award by NYSCA to teach BodiBalance at Bayview Women’s Correctional Facility
Carol has taught master classes and workshops at colleges and universities throughout the United States as well as in Europe and Central America. She spent a year teaching BodiBalance to dancer/singer/actors at the University of Miami Department of Drama, experimenting with applying her work to engage voice and movement simultaneously. While there, she participated in teaching and coaching the choreography for a University of Miami Gala production of “Mame” produced in honor of Jerry Herman.
- University of Florida, Gainesville, FL – B.A. in English
- University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL – M.A. in Theater
- NYU Tisch School of the Arts, New York, NY – M.F.A. in Dance
In The Media
Carol Fonda’s performances and interviews have been featured in the media:
- WETA-TV in Washington, D.C.
- NET-TV in North Carolina
- WNSC-TV in South Carolina
- WAH-TV in Wisconsin